R: Re: LF: Re: WSPR-15

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: R: Re: LF: Re: WSPR-15
From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2018 14:20:06 +0100 (CET)
Sender: [email protected]
Hello MF, LF (and below :-) )
like to join with my experience.
Still using WSPR-X v0.8 r3058 (and if somebody need installation files just ask ;-) )
I run it under winXP or w2000 without problems. Unfortunately I have also a netbook in origin with win7 which was unfortunately upgraded to win10..
Then the problems started.. disregarding some other topics like the loss of a card reader (it is there, windows knows it, says it is ok but doesn't function any longer..) my opinion is that WSPR-X functions fine but... win10 no!
Sometimes WSPR-X is terminated apparently is not a crash because there are not error messages, simply terminated..
Sometimes the output level in audio is changed and affects only the tx side.. by the way the same happens with the software of the Dg8SAQ VNA... so with that damned w10 I can use the VNA just after the calibration, if close  and re-open need to recalibrate...
so stay tuned for next 10 years of w10 troubles!
I'm really thinking of old machines with reliable XP or W7

73, Marco IK1HSS