Re: LF: 2200 Meter EbNaut Beacon Announcement

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 2200 Meter EbNaut Beacon Announcement
From: Rob Renoud <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2018 07:22:03 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Jay,

Appreciate your keeping tabs on my EbNaut beacon!  Don’t know where this will
go but it’s interesting playing for the time being.

Want to focus next on the RX and computer side of the house with regard to VLF
/ LF weak signal analysis.  Need to get a handle on recording, stacking,
analyzing and decoding weak signals in the VLF arena.  Have my Linux computer
up and running so it’s time to transition to that and incorporate the VLF RX
Toolkit from Paul.  The Cubic CDR-3250s I picked up awhile back are really
quite nice.  A bit less sensitive on WSPR decodes than my SDR-IQ receivers on
LF but spot on frequency wise with lower (not measured yet) delay than the SDR.

Plan on putting up a second active RX antenna using your posted design in late
Fall or early winter.  My current active vertical is an N3CXV design that
currently is limited to signals above 50 kHz.

Also have another TX loading coil in the mix to get on 75 kHz if the FCC gets
around to modifying my experimental license (WH2XXC). Hope to hear something on
that in the next week or so.

Cheers!
Rob