Re: VLF: Earth antenna transmissions on a guide rail?!?? NOW on the air.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: Earth antenna transmissions on a guide rail?!?? NOW on the air...
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2018 18:10:01 +0200
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1532794203; bh=79LrgRjiFmx1LzgiTcwX9+yt3UmNetbDQizdyFlYKFk=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=ig3cvMuBsk/VWZgwgYsN9miHyDLzv1gL5h0QmIG4HTf80mU1zTUr2BE0KCjV3kFPB vYUmgJwY0z9R8p+BDdzSfbCtZEtll8I1JVm5+AR3IxlE8AOTXdKMgp564SXKexEjz4 50ypU/uQG1O9IhPg5R/3Bc2/84sXW1llYq24zatO/7eMBc4jVAQQC7ggPximd5MZ2v UL/W7xhVVAMOGpjj5PMzetbBknRrx9mU4QfD0rfrrGiM6InSUFnwgHFnFuG+Djx19N WeurvUP7Cu2uugdSMP/CzTevSp9JX0eylLJ2UIvyIj49H89aqc35QaA8qlpCmcK+wf jYJ945iJNeOTw==
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Tom,

Thanks for the hint. No i did not yet see the trace on Paul's grabber. I had to spend some time with the YL. But now i have some time for charging the batteries and doing some postprocessing.
Amazing, this antenna seems to perform much better than we expected!
Maybe Paul also picked up something on 5170 Hz? If the trace on Pauls grabber is actually mine, it is a new big step for TX earth antennas.

Well, as mentioned in my first email there are 3 such guide rails. The street is going slightly upwards and in this experiment i have connected the wire to the lower and the middle guide rail. I already measured the upper guide rail. It is much longer than the other ones, maybe 200m. There are about 40 massive poles holding the rail. All of the rail segments have contact to the neighbour rail but only about 20 poles have contact to the rails. Anyway this is very good but there is some room for further improvements in future steps.

For tomorrow i'm planning another experiment starting earlier, maybe 8 UTC or so (lower QRN). I will use the upper and the lower rail so the wire length will be about 900 m! Then, will the area of the loop be 2 times higher or 4 times higher, or even more?

I'm now going to prepare some spectrum plots and spectrogram, postprocessing of the recorded audio data from today.

73, Stefan