Re: LF: Receiver protection

To: N1BUG <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Receiver protection
From: Chris Wilson <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 13:55:08 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=date:from:reply-to:message-id:to:subject:in-reply-to:references :mime-version:content-transfer-encoding; bh=giLxPAm1d85eG/1cQxJlGtc+741GA2c9eQmiR6Y5/hY=; b=KdBPvkMQ9J0t6rB3BnM8/NObGEjv4Gp8btzOQLQfUnFA0oXg8+ZeH5r+F7hpm06tEl zucdZVWqQqoaUzEAvPH44S1hzyzHkzJPngGNSeJmDSPnF5WY3Ns+MGVvLWzd6r13MMza /eUE4aOL3bHksunc2/ZkCtXpVAc4jNqHpO2FfygsD3UIa7EKerFYG8Xu9ISQndke9nQE G9YnWkFJi6rzT0tNXs8pKzsgxNR30tJY6y/OmNu81AzEQSHFzoB3aO3JQpTkv8COv+Rm 6x7/QXOJisxR03L3M+qcA2Gi16j00PD6FGXUZlt9zRK0zPqMdSvMtz61h9OUaXQMtDdm l8kA==
Sender: [email protected]

Hello N1BUG,
 Hi Paul,

 As I am deeply entrenched in mending my TS-590 after a whoopsie put a
load  of  137kHz  RF  up its RX antenna socket I am very interested in
proection  measures  too!  But  even more so I am interested in if you
find any anomalies with the U3S TX delay timing as a detailed check of
my  antenna  switching box shows no issues at all. But if the U3S had a
switching / timing glitch that may be another matter. Can anyone think
of  a way to long term record the timing of the switching voltage from
the  U3S?  I had a long delay 500 milliseconds plus, which should have
been  plenty.  I  have  a  USB scope with what they call a "Roll Mode"
option, but i don't recall ever using it.

The 590 may, very surprisingly, live again, I have replaced some ultra
tiny  PIN  diodes, three ceramic caps, some input overload diodes, and
an  inductor.  I  now  have TX and receive on all but three "bands"
These  seem dead due to the BPF switching digital transistors on those
bands  having  high resistance collector resistors, up from 68 Ohms to
around 7k. I have ordered some new ones and as the digital transistors
are  all  switching  state  ok,  the BPF's themselves seem OK, and the
shift  register IC's are working I may be getting to a conclusion with
it. They don't like it up `em as they say :)

--
Best regards,
 Chris                            mailto:[email protected]