Re: LF: Windows software to drive a relay at a given time?

To: LineOne <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Windows software to drive a relay at a given time?
From: Andy Talbot <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 12:54:35 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=a0ZQqB/WTxejlKjFD77hB7A9DBnPbpHIvzRnhMakkBA=; b=clVwqfoRVFVYF5Yx4Ngz5ViB2jVuBbJDVzNAJSAJiQBff7h69AAUFRnZ045ekdxRIq uF+T4tcIHIhQ8FAZxyJbSq+KoeqYyfeE7XpgHqU+AcWGGt+5rVgFsBX+0Jh68x4/J2EF wT7oDoqcPqPls3aTB1vx29zdm3PyONBq6mQm0+XfJLYgf6R9KbiyZBe6/yMblZu0kGxA WIE8wCDHV+h5Wl7aZVFuVwzA0Bonkwf8yjr5e/rTApMWRgN4unVW/vmu8gXwo4s49jSt dyUuurH9Qeji3EzXybWw7c7AS4efw8RaTk1nY3Xz8qQYIg/yOuwnVWfq0q3x5Db7Iv/B IUTw==
Sender: [email protected]
Yes, if you run it from a windows click, the whole thiing will close when it goes off and completes.
Were you to run it from a command prompt, it would then merely say "OFF" and sit there looking unloved and unwanted :-)

I thought you might want something like that
How about an opto controlled triac to, in turn, switch your contactor.   Or  opto-relay (solid dtate relay)

Google the terms, or better, go to your favourite supplier's web site and enter as search terms

I don't have any time now to look at ideas for switchies, but will be back on line later.    I'll also add some twiddly bits to that prog to make it look nicer (only colours and layout stuff, and possibly some error trapping)

Andy