Re: LF: Re: [Lowfer] Tx this w/e 136.172kHz

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: [Lowfer] Tx this w/e 136.172kHz
From: "Michael Sapp" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2018 14:05:33 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
Thank you Stefan: I have been toying with Bridge-T diplexers to better match my LPF or BPF filters to the preamps on two different LF/MF converters,

and I believe I see a worthwhile improvement in matching the filter output to the preamp input. It is a challenge to build a filter to 1% tolerance and impedance match with silver mica caps and FT50-61 inductors, even with Litz wire like 17/40 size. So having a good Z match reference between the filter and preamp stages seems to help improve performance.

Perhaps using a Bridge-T diplexer at LF/MF/HF can be loosely compared to using an isolator at microwave frequencies, to improve return loss and preamplifier stability.

Except the bridge-T diplexer is bi-directional and EM operational. whereas an isolator at microwave range is a directional matching device which is a magnetic dominant component...

In either case, they are usually (much) more efficient than using attenuator pads for inter-stage Z matching....

This may be old information to others, but it made for a worthwhile LF experiment over the past season for me..

73, Mike wa3tts.

----- Original Message ----- From: "DK7FC" <[email protected]>