Re: LF: Re: [rsgb_lf_group] Idea for tuned inductor

To: LineOne <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: [rsgb_lf_group] Idea for tuned inductor
From: Chris Wilson <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 10:07:41 +0000
Cc: [email protected]
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=date:from:message-id:to:cc:subject:in-reply-to:references :mime-version:content-transfer-encoding; bh=SHkQBNFitFGAbqNkDoxcretEg6bLiqzu3Oyn1M+DTzM=; b=eTaJ7iLqlceOpEyWPSsRxwM4D3diyUZTEXJ6H7erc7nsWcsx7lj7r4qILMv97IFGkv W2oTDdFeX0EYN9hsHl2OKOFTK7dyLMwufbMoTEDLLOVEMo9r7D4li01CfbjGT+JlewjR pMqRBqnpewlISB0sZk9gikvvrfKaPJ5MSL7YUJsZ6JRTkXzD8YXIen9jrx7G1fZnJJSz 6qKf+2s5lW3KKjerp+7FA7QOCzTBrb6v/g1d6D3W9L8yDF6yS7D8mhuIv/+d16o+d/jl Oie+fO7AkfMqr93V2LfXz4q+06atNh37sBcseR0/2e38ZTzf/dE9DgkooQoarog2B1zA ZYIg==
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Andy / LF `ers

Talking of loading coil matching I have just added a Russian
standalone variometer to the earthy end of my loading coil. Previously
the coil had an internal home made variometer in the HV end, another
coil wound on a plastic pipe (now totally removed). I need to check
but antenna current may now be lower. What are the potential
repercussions of me having the Russian variometer main ending
reversed? Also, is there a power loss if a variometer is tuned anti
phase  to  get  resonance?   Actually I am told this russian device is
correctly    called    a    goniometer,    it    can    be   seen   at
http://www.chriswilson.tv/goniometer.jpg

The pot core with adjustable air gap is a nice idea, but at high power
I think I'd need a huge core to avoid saturation. Elegant though :)

Thanks.

--
Best regards,
 Chris                            mailto:[email protected]