Re: LF: A notable lack of LF WSPR transmissions recently

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: A notable lack of LF WSPR transmissions recently
From: N1BUG <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 10:21:18 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Chris, LF'ers,

Not really related to your observation but there has been a dearth
of reception all winter here. During the previous winter I heard

2E0ILY best -23
G8HUH best -24
DC0DX best -23
DF2JP and DF6NM in QRSS/DFCW

This winter,

2E0ILY best -12 (just one night, several nights better than -20)
DC0DX one decode at -29

More details can be found here:
http://www.n1bug.com/lfmf/2200m-TA-Spots.txt

I am using a different RX antenna and cannot switch back to what I
used the previous winter for comparison. I believe some have made
changes to their TX antenna. So I cannot get any idea whether my new
RX antenna is better or worse than the old one. There is not enough
consistent activity to evaluate anything.

The only station transmitting consistently has been 2E0ILY. From
what I've seen all others have been very intermittent transmitting
during the EU<>NA window.

73,
Paul N1BUG