Re: LF: A different inductor heating question

To: N1BUG <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: A different inductor heating question
From: Chris Wilson <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 17:37:05 +0000
Cc: [email protected]
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=date:from:message-id:to:cc:subject:in-reply-to:references :mime-version:content-transfer-encoding; bh=X9SAx+h6zcKeuDmTwqa75FN3Ug1aVr7Y3aZajEuNIpc=; b=l9WkMLEYIyHyYZv4MY7C4o91fs+oGt1EilmIGh1CDSNilwtXAj4Jk/PkEd0wlm6uSP eFAj7aWbT+gRV2LpbaKFlYTJDV4JKMWYSiQ5VIqzPd1O+rSnFhuv8/nc2Jgi0uRr1HY3 66Kg9kxbSmTttJbgYfkkH3HcNs94Zr/NHJbsEYeWp7YmD7y7WHRrw/8A7VAB87yudx55 m3KHeOePFoPK/Z57E8AEZv/5lcLMxA9n5o4SQjY9uJY7WhKfHrjsIiBLF6brX0ZgwJ4S ++KV13Bx76TvLclFTW9bIpSt/yF04+/hJslRxYBdx3RqmgMxbhlR2adBgooNZHEsa7H0 0mLQ==
Sender: [email protected]

Hello N1BUG,

Paul, I would have thought what wire was NOT wound on the toroid would
also  get  hot  if  the  current  carrying  capacity  of  the wire was
inadequate.  Is  that  the case? Have you got a thermocouple to put on
the external wire?   Just my guess, I have my asbestos pants ready....
:)

--
Best regards,
 Chris                            mailto:[email protected]