Re: LF: K7PO testing 8270.0

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: K7PO testing 8270.0
From: Ward K7PO <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 12:22:50 -0500
Sender: [email protected]
All,

Thanks for all the reports, suggestions, and the wealth of knowledge this group possess. I went to the remote tx site this morning, and found there had been a power failure sometime yesterday. Everything comes back automatically except the power supply for all the control relays (oops!). I turned it back on and had 800 ma antenna current again. I've re-configured for 2200m WSPR for a bit while I fix the power supply issue and complete a remote status monitor.

All in all, I couldn't be happier, especially since it was only my second test transmission. The GPS problem from the first go seems solved, the amplifier seems to have no problem running long periods with the amount of air I have on it, and there are only a couple small things to work out now.

This weekend, Ron Ni7J/WH2XND and I will be winding a new loading coil using a bunch of #18 wire Ron got. Should cut R in the coil by 30 ohms or so. It will also allow me to use both coils in the future to go even lower.

Ward K7PO/WH2XXP