LF: DECCA AMP

To: "rsgb" <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: DECCA AMP
From: <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 18:34:38 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Chris
I do not have any spare amps but I think G7NKS/JIM has some units, maybe you could ask him.
If you look at the Decca 5501 info on the web you could build a copy which would be very reliable. It uses a bridge cct which most commercial manufacturers favour compared to push pull etc
See attachment of a similar amp that would be simple to build and reliable and give around 1Kw output. It is a standard cct nothing special about it. Where it says OUT1 and OUT2 use a series resonant cct for the freq of interest, similar to the Decca cct then a matching ferrite transformer to match the FET 8 ohms approx to 50 ohms.

Sent: Thursday, February 8, 2018 3:54 PM
Subject: Re: [rsgb_lf_group] Fw:

Hello [email protected],

are there any of the old Decca units still available anywhere Mal? I have
an Ebay watch on them, for years in fact, never seen one.... Nice set
up! Shame my TS-590 got zapped it was a good transceiver.

--
Best regards,
Chris mailto:[email protected]

Posted by: Chris Wilson <[email protected]>

.