Re: LF: VLF Small magnetic antenna for Tx

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: VLF Small magnetic antenna for Tx
From: VIGILANT Luis Fernández <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2018 19:46:48 +0000
Accept-language: es-ES, en-US
Sender: [email protected]
Thank you all for the very interesting comments. Looks like there is a lot to
investigate in this field
and that is good. Wide room for further investigations :-)

Jacek, you mentioned what I was midnight oiling here
" If you want some semi-DX in the H-field, then try coupling into some long
conductors (pipes, power lines, railway tracks etc)"

What about coupling the loop to my 90m vertical ?
Adding another transformer from loop to vertical or just winding some coils of
the vertical over the
small loop ring would work ?

Of course a tuned vertical with a huge coil would work better and run more
current. But it is very hard
for me to get more than 180pF antenna capacity and that means 2mH coil for
8270Hz :(

Looks like this is something "easier" to test than winding super coils
What do you think about the coupling system ?

73 de Luis
EA5DOM