Am 12.11.2017 17:45, schrieb Paul Nicholson:
...maybe you are just 0.02 dB 'away' from the first false message and
then just 0.1 dB away from the right message at 6E6 list length :-)
The fact that your message didn't decode with a 1E6 list and
uniform phase search told me that it was going to be unlikely
to decode at all. If it was strong enough to almost decode,
there would have been false decodes with partially correct
message and I could have played with the pointing and blanking
to tease out that extra 0.1 dB or so that can always be found
if you try hard enough.
We never know...
But you will see as soon as you know the message.
Since the tree is not available i have no feedback channel to see if the
PSK started as it should, very strange! But i can see it indirectly from
the antenna current plot which is generated from the TX PC, which is
The first symbols are out now.
My 5th coil is completed. DC resistance is 270 Ohm, from a single bucket.
I made a quick test here in the office. I took the coil arrangement that
was used on 5170 Hz and tuned it to 5170 Hz again with a fixed capacitor
in series with a varaible capacitor. Then i exchanged the upper coil,
removed the one which just 30% wound by the new one which is now 100%
wound. Then i tuned the function generator to the new resonance
frequency: 4530 Hz!! That's just 60 Hz distant from the next target
frequency. But the coil has a relatively low Q so i think it will work...