LF: Transformer questions.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Transformer questions.
From: Chris Wilson <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 13:03:46 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=date:from:message-id:to:subject:mime-version :content-transfer-encoding; bh=1jYqWHihGIIjNlVRCF/F+/cj/UmZpiXKQpCLyeiXDHc=; b=hvVZvefPTi9H23jE3GQguQK5WJ4R38NU//OPCi+pasuesr2ifIeOdNl6DXTBYKGNgZ tJ0tM1eCYg1m3upLD4uuaYewJ87onBs4CUqvWQCJHjstmAsTi/BExHmXe5soRl0hOXx9 E2Gd2yWEuC1dabfLePZWcgKp//g4ck9SqXwUb1V3jrZFe3uO78HQ7DLiyq/asHAcb7zM n01XFJGuWS/rG26VLMubyqYZinji5JgH+lJLawS4CDbJ8/JKc2zYHu71ziAX285kKC2G dogtc01oT9X1wLMwSnWDq7OvjBnz9ykEVVKAKjxMpJDa5FcU1+4AzEchsMFdz7az4zn1 kOXA==
Sender: [email protected]
Hello LF'ers,

Two 500 watt Class D amps combined. The output transformer of the
combiner is now an auto transformer. This feeds, via RG-213 to
outdoors, where an isolating transformer, that is a conventional
primary / secondary transformer with taps for impedance matching then
feeds my loading coil and then the antenna. Can I wind the isolating
transformer as a 1 : 1 and do impedance matching (which changes with
weather / foliage growth) indoors using a tapped combiner auto
transformer? I want to change the impedance matching / isolating
transformer anyway as it runs a bit hot on long TX sequences. I tried
an auto trans former as the impedance matching one outside, but had
serious RF into the mains causing various issues, a conventional
isolating / impedance transformer fixed all that, so I assume it needs
to stay, even as a 1 :1 ? Thanks.

--
Best regards,
 Chris                          mailto:[email protected]