Re: LF: hunting IK1HGI on LF

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: hunting IK1HGI on LF
From: Markus Vester <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 06:55:02 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
Thanks Domenico.

Yesterday evening we had monstrous QRN, but a faint and stable line became visible on my opds between 4 and 5:30 UT. An opds-32 detection requires about 15 dB for the central carrier of the 50% AM transmission, equivalent to 21 dB for a pure carrier in 0.47 mHz. We have been detecting IK1IGI frequently here, and I'm indeed interested to attempt an EbNaut decode. The best time may be around noon (i.e. now), when dayrime skywave is strongest and QRN hasn't built up yet.

Best 73,
Markus