Re: LF: Octo-soundcard for the Raspi

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Octo-soundcard for the Raspi
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 16:40:12 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Terry,

When you managed to build up your system, what do you intend to do with it then? Natural radio or even radio amateur detections?

73, Stefan

Am 17.06.2017 09:00, schrieb Terry G0EZY:
The only thing I have to sort out now is the timing pulse. it looks horrible on vtscope, a sort of double humped thing and the timing doesn't have anything like the values shown on your vtscope screen shots.

Are you using a square pulse from the GPS to feed the RC conditioner?

I'm using a Garmin GPS 18x LVC set up as shown in the Spectrum Lab instructions (GPS receiver specific notes) with a 100ms PPS length. The original 3xR network that combines PPS & NMEA data for SL timing is in parallel with the new RC network for the Octo. They seem to be operating independently.

So Paul, now you have an audio interface with six synchronised inputs:

1 - GPS timing
2 - N-S loop
3 - E-W loop
4 - Sense antenna

What are you planning for the other two inputs? I would like to display changes in polarisation and vertical angle-of-arrival ...but more appropriate to hf signals....

Terry