Re: LF: Decoupling linear PSU

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Decoupling linear PSU
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 15:38:48 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Chris,

Hm, there is no 1 Ohm resistor in my drawing.
Regarding the number of turns, if you run 50A DC, you will have at least 6 mm^2 wire i assume. So you can't wind 2x 6 turns through this core. Rather 2x2 turns. These cores are not expensive, so i would just buy 10 of them and experiment to see which improvement can be obtained. I'm using these cores in my LF PA and the effect was signifinant. Important is the way you wind the wire on the core. That one close to the load suppresses common mode currents, the other one is for differential mode currents...

73, Stefan