Re: LF: Decoupling linear PSU

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Decoupling linear PSU
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2017 22:19:45 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Chris,

Yes, maybe try a homemade filter. I would try something like in the attachment...

Build yourselfe a current transformer and measure RF common mode currents in the supply line of the power supply. This can be done with a clamp ferrite which has a secondary winding and a 1 Ohm resistor. You can then measure the current with the scope, of course it is decoupled then. The common mode chokes may already help to lower such currents. Maybe even simple clamp ferrites on the supply cable can help if these is no other ground connection.

Of course the ripple voltage of the DC voltage should be as small as possible. A few 1000 uF near the load may help too...

73, Stefan