Re: LF: SL settings for EbNaut FFT recording ?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: SL settings for EbNaut FFT recording ?
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2017 14:29:08 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Luis,

What is the link to the grabber (again) please? Something with ure.es i think...

I would prefer to run the soundcard at 48 kS/s anyway because you will be able to run much more SL instances in parallel then. The number of parallel running instances can increase quickly :-)

8.9 hours for a FFT may be a bit to short though. It is not really a short distance so we may need all the time we can get to pass a first short message through. For a spectrogram it makes sense to try 47 uHz i would say.

Can you generate your own test signal on the MF antenna in 7 km distance? It should be possible to see a few 100V put on the TX antenna, so it is worth to experiment a bit. Maybe a microwave transformer from ebay or so. SpecLab can generate the tone/frequency. Use an available audio PA to drive the transformer, carefully. Could become your first DX on VLF! :-)

73, Stefan