LF: Some improvements in VLF Rx

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Some improvements in VLF Rx
From: VIGILANT Luis Fernández <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2017 08:57:48 +0000
Accept-language: es-ES, en-US
Sender: [email protected]
Hi VLF

This weekend could fix the QRM problem with the VLF E-probe. There was a ground loop at the 1pps from GPS
The ground of the GPS (and PC via USB) was routed to the audio transformer at the VLF signal side, not soundard side

So, the noise was going up by the VLF cable to the probe and caused a 20dB noise rise in MF/LF in the nearby MiniWhip
The VLF espectrogram has got clearer, but still contaminated. Specially at night, probably due to street led lights in the area

I'm using a separate first Fet at the probe, connected by aprox 15m TV coax. Would it be better to use twisted pair or
keep all the preamp up, close to the probe ?

73 de Luis
EA5DOM