Re: VLF: DFCW-6000

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: DFCW-6000
From: g3zjo <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 20:05:50 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan

Loops at this QTH are not very successful, yes lots of mains borne QRM. I do have a 1.2m diameter octagonal 10mm copper loop, I have never tried that on Sub 9kHz, I may try it one day down at the shed but its not possible for a while.

That little bit of woodland you spotted for possible /P is private, as usual for the UK :-( Although there are some public foot paths that pass through, it is still part of Lady Di's father, Earl Spencer's estate I think. His gamekeepers have barricaded in some 4 wheel drive vehicles which were in another of his parcels of woodland here:- http://no.nonsense.ee/qth/map.html?qth=IO92MG54RP&from=IO92MG54MO and the owners had to abandon them. The size of the parcels of woodland is such that if you blink as you drive past them you will miss them :-)

I don't think that spot you chose would be that quiet, there is the saw mill a few meters to the East and an industrial estate just to the South. It is so different in scale to your forests and the accessibility, isolation and beauty they offer.

I have in the past taken the e-probe to some fairly isolated camping sites to see how quiet it can be.

73 Eddie G3ZJO