Re: LF: DF2JP in the Eu slot - DF6NM too

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: DF2JP in the Eu slot - DF6NM too
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2017 00:52:28 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

OPERA (I think,  if I have it set up properly) on LF.

Pretty much  plug and play Paul ,

As long as the recovered tone falls inside the decoder pass band , can be set 1500 Hz or 2000 Hz mid band , noting Tx is always 1500 Hz , that's about it , system is symmetrical works with Lsb or Usb

If the PC is web linked , then the app will gather spots from other users , [ un-check the spots from all bands , unless you want to see what is going on , on all the bands , ] if not web linked , then the system will decode on 136 / 477 but not have the additional -6 dB dynamic option

The dynamic list is maintained via the web, either from Tx beacons or other user decodes , tx stations using pic's or U3 beacons , are advised to 'press tx with the app on 136 or 477 to register there call in the list , or rely on other decodes , call life is 8 days, after which it is deleted, unless activity continues.

Remote Tx sites can elect to provide a local off air decode , not needed for a data decode , but injects a time stamp , as cross check for a correlation spot , tx beacons are also stored in the psk-map data base and can be recovered as ref .

The output of the system, is the opera app, it is linked, to the psk-map shows activity , but the map has house keeping routines , designed to reduce clutter , which simply removes spots from display, it shows a over view , not a pure record ..

Gl-73-Graham
G0NBD