Re: FW: LF: FETs getting sick - why not use tubes?

To: M0FMT <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: FW: LF: FETs getting sick - why not use tubes?
From: Chris Wilson <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2017 13:28:56 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=from:date:message-id:to:subject:in-reply-to:references:mime-version :content-transfer-encoding; bh=ls619PppCQ/06WmyPZfBpsiNwDM7wejcVunoToeuF24=; b=LeehZVimbl9QFsKfu5rJTBVxOMtMRo5QsC2K/Y4/MMZIteUuJSMbC2PxsyOqq1LByT hjUdWoi7oFgLCk2OvMi/EyNt0ufOJ4/hJueQZMhk2/kZdCvcibK8PqQjdT3XfLZYXUuS Rin+FpZD6OhjsrSrxjNe3GgmTgYmNOKfCqUFL9ZgWTB3hkoUhKVYufk/91m4D+3Ipf76 Qb+NlIdZwDMzo6zybCt+Da2hGTgwltwA8in3XbyYjjXan9A/Ya21ZjJB+8LyBUYVpxwj FHwqqvgSrFMyMUwzielhj+RRZ1fvaRgjh9j7rU7zeOHtRubgY0emJgGsjCjGLPE4pL+2 QzCg==
Sender: [email protected]
Hello M0FMT,

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Did you not find the Transorbs added capacitance upset things? I found
the  drain  waveform was considerably deteriorated when I experimented
with Transorbs to limit spikes.

> Hi all

> The Decca PA seems to be scattered with spike limiting diode from
> memory Transils / Transorb TVS diodes. (don't know the values) I
> usually put one in the drain set above the peak drain wave voltage
> seen on the scope and below the peak operating value of the FET  So far so
> good in single ended amps.

> Jim M0MBU did a short treatise see
> http://www.wireless.org.uk/guard.htm.

> The Decca TX "guard circuit" by Jim Moritz, M0BMU.

> 73 petefmt

mailto:[email protected]