Re: FW: LF: FETs getting sick - why not use tubes?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: FW: LF: FETs getting sick - why not use tubes?
From: M0FMT <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2017 10:19:05 +0000 (UTC)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.co.uk; s=s2048; t=1491387546; bh=FeZeQYt0awVn+05qWJIHievm4HfM/aycB8i/es6D2lU=; h=Date:From:Reply-To:To:Subject:References:From:Subject; b=m6wv1Bf2MxU22aqknz6O4uQjnxVMyQMqFv5ZwFoIo2TZjxiX+vAFe1z+JMWK4F6MEqVr9t4UFK+e8wG/ruK8yUwVF27Ppyx/MHIGkOYEOgEQrQD8fuVvB7DoJo3GzlbVSsjqPeDhG9IUGEoHizhxEov8KTMYB57d+8Mx4/z6vVvWXRS/bP7bnJum8HmfLxI6orhk6NPBYRhViToQ/2hu4xpL659/jHPkI6r/8H+YJW27xfzn5xkDJ8dqY2CqsNlX7DtQ5TmNJtW9YLT1mc5OZPIpJDG0HJdmTOZM5Jf9cq6o0odrsAKCa0ZHUEWVUuBGuMlCjYw/ZdMw5ufgic0BFA==
Sender: [email protected]
Hi all

The Decca PA seems to be scattered with spike limiting diode from memory
Transils / Transorb TVS diodes. (don't know the values) I usually put one in
the drain set above the peak drain wave voltage seen on the scope and below the
peak operating value of the FET  So far so good.

Jim M0MBU did a short treatise see http://www.wireless.org.uk/guard.htm.

The Decca TX "guard circuit" by Jim Moritz, M0BMU.

73 petefmt

.