Re: LF: VLF in NA

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: VLF in NA
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2017 11:54:14 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Joe,

That sounds very good. Who is your next distant RX station?
It could be worth to run a carrier for a day or so. Maybe Paul will find something. With 20 uW across the pond it should work.
Do you already have the necessary signal stability?

I can hear my own signal in 3.5 km distance so far. I will prepare a recording and send a message in CW. But today it's raining suite strong here. News from here, yesterday i ordered a 0.5 m diameter PVC tube!! (https://www.stabilo-sanitaer.de/kg-rohr-dn-500-1000-mm-kgem/a-438351/) :-) It is just to protect the VLF coil from rain. I will paint it in light grey, so it looks inconspicuous on the roof ;-) Also an air ventilation system must be added in summer i guess. Maybe, if the wx is dry again in the evening i will run another EbNaut message because Alex told he will be in the garden on friday :-)

I'm looking forward to your signal on VLF. Hopefully i can decode you here some time.

73, Stefan