RE: LF: Raspberry Pi sound interface that works

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: Raspberry Pi sound interface that works
From: <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 18:45:39 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=comcast.net; s=q20161114; t=1487202780; bh=EUzLZ9WbsKZagTcLNbq7akhHerXniWU4W7Xt83plczc=; h=Received:Received:From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=A/ZSCNNgvvf8+E7GeBX+LumnHv6ICxGb5TmPTQP4/V6XZPyAr6vfdABW9FFU5Lzvh fwlb5lDOQkeARRoiNOq7Qiu6VKNamgKjfzxPoONAkuTvzjujijpOp9AdazyoTSFqff qzSZ31tucmCjV1muB+vRgOUYsZTBCL2KXuF1ofZWTcyFaamApppO8Q09kCDcZzsQVh 0r00Y9z1iNHMpnz4HTohmeVpz1EEM6eMdsMaCTKWGNuaUH1rrhevNiS7S0qDcVNawN H2iGaQe3+h6Me89FU4ZdgXWbqha9u/Hvil9E5gLwBjfbvW9uNCX4rTLTqd0sZAvCuw 2eqcuRp8Ij1sQ==
Sender: [email protected]
Paul,

Thanks for posting your findings on this topic.

Plenty of the Audio Injector boards on local Amazon so I bought four in hopes
that your tests would prove favorable. Thanks for the favorable results!

I haven’t worked with a Raspberry Pi before but have a new CanaKit RPi 3 and
though I would use it with the Audio Injector module. Then I saw your message
indicating disinclination toward RPi 3 power dissipation (from unused built-in
Bluetooth and WiFi). I had guessed that the RPi would be used to enable a
wireless connection between antenna and laptop/PC, which raises a question (if
you have a moment): for a backyard-antenna-to-indoor-laptop application or for
a portable field-test application, what type of interface would be used between
an outdoor RPi 2 and an indoor laptop or portable-field-test laptop?  (or am I
on the wrong track; should I be thinking of Audio Injector plus  RPi 2as an
unattended datalogger rather than a real-time interface between VLF loop and
laptop?)

Thanks,

Jim AA5BW