RE: ULF: EbNaut over 3 wavelengths on ULF

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: ULF: EbNaut over 3 wavelengths on ULF
From: <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 07:51:29 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=comcast.net; s=q20161114; t=1486126293; bh=NEbzmN5ERE4ehaXUSE4KEMpaMSxeh1AdRnD3i6lTI38=; h=Received:Received:From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=W/c6yY4+SIcAmlb+Ozdy+q/3vhTAqIAoEGzHc6Tp91KjHXqy1d6hqMoMxpas5MKG9 GySTaF7K2lxBIcw5IwY5KgKp7Y8sWQt+Z095rIBDGhNdJ2aPLNdq1IY1WvtxrplyyI 6ynUSAsC2EvZqW4cEXnrzeSgxo5wJTvNudgEMr5AMda+VHiny4LM6FPgeALsPf/sJw YFwMztbSHZxp5JcCkKjdOEVVeKflwxL8axC+rmmqTPUCrUZ/TppepJEs1gj+4TJTji lY0Es/KcrxqEP9B568/78iHam52DrFwJPbpRbp1tYbwP5qvyA81UdBZrAtn4ioDCjG t5UGFX4eR/1DQ==
Sender: [email protected]
Stefan and Paul,

Attached is a 2nd-pass FDTD plot (E-field only); theoretically more accurate
with some small corrections and refinements.

The attached plot and the two FDTD plots sent yesterday represent daytime
propagation over a conductive ground similar to sea water, for comparison with
the NAVALEX plot (daytime, sea water)

The NAVELEX plot suggests:  ~ 3dB more signal at 2.9kHz than at 5.17 kHz (880
km)
The FDTD plot suggests:              far less signal at 2.9 kHz than at 5.17
kHz (880 km)

A benefit of FDTD analysis is inclusion of all modes, including evanescent.

Given very limited experimental validation of propagation computational tools
between 2kHz and 4kHz at distances between 100 km and 1000 km, your ULF tests
may show strengths and weaknesses in the computational tools.

73,

Jim  AA5BW