Re: ULF: First EbNaut message over > 1 wavelength on ULF

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: ULF: First EbNaut message over > 1 wavelength on ULF
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 14:33:06 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi ULF,

The first EbNaut message was decoded over a distance farer than 1 wavelength on the 101 km band. Just a single character which quickly decoded at a high SNR. This was despite the very high night QRN. It is the message that was sent between 0...1 UTC on Sunday, 22th of January 2017. The message 'F' was sent 3 times inbetween the gap of the DFCW-10800 message 'F'. This shows another time the power of EbNaut.
The postprocessing is still running. On the links below you can see how strong the QRN has been during that night transmission. There is a noise background difference between day and night of > 20 dB, even in this time of the year. Oh and it shows how deaf my tree grabber is on 2970 Hz (and below).
The other message which was transmitted at 20...21 UTC suffers from even higher QRN (see the 424NMEA spectrogram). It produces multiple decodes, mostly F but partly other characters, even though i used a 21 CRC bits.

In a few hours i can attempt to decode the 7 character message which will decode at a very high SNR. I already know it because the transmission is already visible in the 424 uHz spectrogram!

73, Stefan