Re: LF: Re: SWR Bridges

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: SWR Bridges
From: "Steve" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 14:36:57 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=shaw.ca; s=s20150330; t=1478122615; bh=lj6mU3M7VFRjlJzIRHr+pdnX5PSTeRUlPwEISwY7YeI=; h=From:To:References:In-Reply-To:Subject:Date; b=LYMrar+7Crb1ig/9c6jt5yNduygrqYEIpvM46fFF2V3yXNOWbQ7hx1F/ZV0xjSzK0 mwAVfPOciDSebCK46Z+KpNK7unMdHDhSLZN2w7IeMumAMmSHcQKWfzbos8vV7TmxJ5 AUXO1ayxo3PjlSVoLu0Qb3yQfOkN4y4O4jC90SdrnjF1amvN6RMYFu7/oxbJpNMj5t 9UuT2lTtV1+XaSf3p9oSwH1wd1xPhE5o7xFq4lLZKoSG3KL4LEeRB1dbX7SE4fQHpH m/D1DoC7fk2CqrMZCpyezbxKxkOtusKvHTqNbnpKUooo5CmEY0j9A3PHCAzNWaM8TL lUcX2N0mN836A==
Sender: [email protected]
Tnx Pete and Marco...yes, I agree that using an RF ammeter to set impedance match, once resonant, is a simple way for those that are without a scopematch. For most LF/MFers however, it is only a matter of time before they construct the scopematch!

Steve  73

Hi Steve,

wish to add just one comment sharing with you my experience.
For routine tests or measures on antennas since almost a dozen of
years use an home made VNA (I realized the N2PK VNA and still works
fine!) this make available visual and numerical datas which very
important to understand what I'm doing. As everybody, of course, I like
to have an instrument in line while transmitting just to see is
everything is "normal" and under control. For this purpose I made a
small console which includes the low pass filter, an RF ammeter and an
SWR bridge is very easy to design and make yourself such instrument I
made mine covering from 137kHz to 160m and I guess it is reliable at
least as all "in line" meters.

73 de Marco IK1HSS