Re: LF: interfacing tips for audio amps courtesy John and Jay in the US

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: interfacing tips for audio amps courtesy John and Jay in the US - 472/137
From: M0FMT <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2016 22:41:16 +0000 (UTC)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.co.uk; s=s2048; t=1475361677; bh=sEPRvU6XKcmIed0fQE6BVPQ+HCX3xzqqFftJZLvGczA=; h=Date:From:Reply-To:To:Subject:References:From:Subject; b=p0y9nGr0imqF6r1CJ9aqzkVqPVobgc1cE5JwhjwPYH2teZQYBm788o3i31l0mQk1rIbaTQTNw1Tcd9mmjHvzp7yLykI9XY6Fh0XR6DoaBFh556dR4Q70Ob8i5GcaUuxCWbeqzD2OPc+kWPAuiw7Mh4PTA8gMn0jaU0Odww8u0Kq28vmGsoiVcK2i0eXHZKTyTkywyKyEfYKrtjbfmOoHIEp82aUR8HHnVoMFUPPub3YV2ND6ponbETBoFIXQZKU56jh+f8uigGzsVsaAfCQghHl9KfPRm2SK4TfufCPpPwbzGAambzFsUWtd0odSW4fYhkqHg8b5o7bmxfSpzTlUXw==
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Jim and group

The problem I had with the rubbish installation of BT was that the router was
OK but the line would see my signal as Noise it being right in the ADSL band
pass. Then the Digital Subscriber Line Access Multiplexer or DSLAM at the
exchange would close down to a dribble and stay like that until manual
intervention by a BT so called engineer at the exchange and manually reset the
DSLAM. To get this to happen took many frustrating hours to BT and then to Open
Reach to explain to them that they should have a look at their equipment. It
can take 72 Hours for them to reset. The only thing I could do to help my self
was to ground my ADSL line via 0,1yF capacitors and reconnect after sending was
finished  the line would come back up to speed shortly after reconnection. It
took many years to figure it out.
I overcame the very pitifully slow kb/s BB speed and easily RF interruptible
service by dumping BT lock-stock- and barrel and reverting to TooWay direct
satellite Broad Band access via the Ka band bird at approx. 7 degree east. A
service that gives me a speed more that 40times the shaky land line with no
interuptions and a very civilised and knowledgeable customer service all inside
the price I was pay to the over bloated cartel that is BT.

My ten cents worth!!

73 es GL Pete M0FMT GQRP#15097.in IO91UX

 I'm on the
 lookout for a 9505 but most on Ebay  are outside my
 budget and also US spec and need 110V, though I could always
 get a converter.

 If the weather
 stays dry, then I'm hoping to crack on with this, this
 week and get G7NKS to be a bit more QRO and hopefully crack
 the T/A and 2000km barriers
  on WSPR 472.

 That'll be
 the broadband gone then!   Stefan helpfully sent
 me over some ideas to look for how to proof the router
 against interference, but it may well just
  be a cheapo BT Homehub 4 and it’s internal aerials.

 Enjoy the darker
 months guys and hope to see you all on MF and LF

 With best
 regards

 Jim

 Dr. Jim