Re: LF: Re: VLF

To: DK7FC <[email protected]>, [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: VLF
From: "Roelof Bakker" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2016 12:53:06 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Stefan,

Some people abroad can read German!

Your suggestion regarding Youtube video's is excellent.
My interest is VLF / MF reception and as such SpectrumLab has not
been my choice as as far as I know it does not feature fast playback
of IQ recordings. But maybe I am wrong.

Watching one of Leif, SM5BZ's Youtube video's, I found that Linrad
has such a feature and I have been using it ever since.

I am making Linrad overnight recordings every night from 100 - 600
kHz and this enables me to playback any channel in this range the
next day. Playback takes less than 15 minutes and you can set
reception parameters as you like, making a very flexible system.
This approach fits in better with my interests than parking one or
more receivers on a particular channel and using e.g. SpectrumLab or
ARGO.

Leif's video's are highly recommended and I have learned a lot from
it. It takes time, but it is time better spent than running in
circles trying to make complicated (to the inaugurated) software
work!

73,
Roelof Bakker, pa0rdt