Re: LF: TXing on VLF again, climatisation...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: TXing on VLF again, climatisation...
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 01:58:33 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
...It looks like there is a trace coming in at DF6NM http://www.df6nm.darc.de/vlf/vlfgrabber.htm
and maybe a very weak one at OK2BVG http://www.ok2bvg.cz/vlfgrabber/
For a feedback, my remote grabber is running at http://www.iup.uni-heidelberg.de/schaefer_vlf/DK7FC_VLF_Grabber2.html showing the carrier clearly of course.

Now going to bed :-)

73, Stefan

Am 17.04.2016 01:05, schrieb DK7FC:
Hi VLF,

Well, today, i completed the construction for leading the forced air stream out of the water shielded construction, and built this construction.

See images at: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4ug019tjze9auda/AAA8GwkEV5p-cGvA7i6VELAFa?dl=0

It is right now terribly raining here, BUT i'm running 245 mA into the antenna, since 22:15 UTC. That should be 52 uW now.

Paul, probably you were right with the 30 uW. My 35 uW estimation/calculation was for 0.2A but i've been a bit below that last night(s). Amazing that you can make such good estimations.

Well, there are some visible and audible partial discharges near the 'feedthrough', were the cable comes out of the trash bag. The cable feeding the HV to the antenna is a 10 kV rated cable (no coax). But of course it can't do anything against capacitive currents at 'HF'.
I put a PTFE tube above the cable. It helped a bit but it is no solution. I need something serieous here.

Now i'm watching the thermal working point and the behaviour in rain. I'm planning to run it through the night! Tomorrow i want to solve the arcing problems, also to reduce the audibility, so i can run it 24/7...

73, Stefan