Re: VLF: 8270: now 8269.990Hz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: 8270: now 8269.990Hz
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2016 14:44:40 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Paul,

Am 01.04.2016 13:51, schrieb Paul Nicholson:
For 2 char messages with 16 bit CRC, the max useful list
length is probably around 1k but I don't yet know where
the optimum is.  Beyond a certain length (corresponding
to nearly 3dB gain from the outer code) further list
length increases the false hit probability as much as
genuine decode probability so there is no further gain
to be had (without invoking operator cognition as a
3rd layer to the coding).
So maybe this is an improvement for the next version of EbNaut: Automatic optimised list length setting, depending on the message length?

Also bought a kite but that's for another thread.
Which kite? What are the plans?
I wonder why not any ham has a kite in northern UK for MF/LF/VLF transmissions.

73, Stefan