RE: LF: WSPR TA Spots in EU this Night

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: WSPR TA Spots in EU this Night
From: "Clemens Paul" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 21:53:56 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
 >Impressive! What kind of RX-antenna are you using? Is it the full size
>dipole?

It's still the full size half wave dipole at low height.
It took me about two years to realize more by accident that it receives
TA signals so well. :-)
Interestingly DJ0ABR and DH5RAE who spot TA signals too but quite rarely
are also using fullsize dipoles but at much more height.
You find a description at DH5RAE's DARC homepage.

> I'm wondering if it is just the quiet location or a special
>directivity of the antenna.

After comparisons with the above stations
I believe now it's the quiet location AND the topography of the terrain
which is continuously sloping in NW direction.
Below the antenna there's a slight slope and then it passes into a valley.

73
Clemens
DL4RAJ