RE: LF: ZS1JEN grabber and WSPR

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: ZS1JEN grabber and WSPR
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 20:58:54 +0000
Accept-language: nl-BE, en-GB, en-US
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Stefan,

yes, after reading his blog I did contact Andre. As said he is very interested. I suggested to start with a miniwhip antenna and he is building it right now. If the local QRM is not too bad he should have a decent RX station.

I am not sure the Eu-ZS path is as good as the Eu-FR5 path as apart from the Mediterranean it's land all the way down. But for sure it is worth a try and the it is the right time of the year for north-south grey line propagation.

An alternative for WSPR would be to try to leave a trace on his grabber. I suggested to switch from QRSS3 to QRSS10 for that purpose.

Andre is also collecting the parts needed for a 1 kW transmitter. So maybe we can try to get his signal in fall (he would certainly have a much larger audience in Eu than we in ZS)

73, Rik  ON7YD