Re: LF: EbNaut from Todmorden

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: EbNaut from Todmorden
From: Gary - G4WGT <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 20:46:25 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Paul,

Yes, that is an Opera signal.

Opera uses on/off keying rather like QRS.
The characters are quite different to normal morse code.
The decoder does the hard work, it decodes & displays.
You don't need to be more than a few Hz away, it is very robust.
The Opera decoder will decode multiple Opera signals around the same frequency.
On 136 kHz the pass band is centered on 137.500 (+/- 50 Hz).

Here is a screen shot.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uln9d92qbtrw6t8/Screenshot%202016-03-14%2020.38.35.png?dl=0

More info here at Opera group web site :-
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/O_P_E_R_A_/info

73, de Gary - G4WGT
MF-LF-VLF Grabber : http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/wgtaylor/grabber2.html
Web : http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/wgtaylor/index.html