Re: LF: Re: [rsgb_lf_group] Re: MF: DC-Bias [was: EbNaut]

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: [rsgb_lf_group] Re: MF: DC-Bias [was: EbNaut]
From: Tobias DG3LV <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 20:01:40 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Clemens !

Please have a look at the website of Manfred, XQ6FOD to understand the necessity of this bifilar supply choke at a push-pull PA:

http://ludens.cl/Electron/mosfetamps/amps.html

("Output architectures of conventional class AB push-pull amplifiers")

Jochen DB1NV had held a lecture at Weinheim(2012?) about this, to be read in their scriptum.

This "choke" is used as a kind of auto-transformer. When one transistor pulls down on one wire, it pushes up an equal amount of current into the second wire of the twisted pair (at the same time). By this it is doubling the (supply-)voltage of the second transistor. There is a significant step-up of power-efficiency (and of output power) at a PA designed this way. Efficiencies of well above 50 % have been acheived at my recent linear PAs for MF and HF.

73 de dg3lv Tobias