LF: Re: [rsgb_lf_group] Re: MF: DC-Bias [was: EbNaut]

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: [rsgb_lf_group] Re: MF: DC-Bias [was: EbNaut]
From: Johan Bodin <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 16:44:48 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
But if the winding is bifilar, usually a twisted pair, then, from the core's point of view, it will look almost like a single wire carrying current in alternating directions. The core has no way of knowing that there are two wires instead of one so it will "see" a pure AC excitation. Am I missing something obvious?

73 de
Johan SM6LKM

[email protected] wrote:
Hi Markus,

Clemens, I think that saturation from DC-biasing would only be
a problem if the two transformer primaries (LP1 and LP2) were
wound on separate cores. On a single toroid, the flux from the
two DC currents should cancel.
It would appear that the flux from the two DC currents will not cancel because they don't flow at one time. The current into the center tap alternates from travelling through one half of the winding then the
other due to the push pull action of the FETs.

73
Clemens
DL4RAJ