Re: LF: EbNaut on MF

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: EbNaut on MF
From: Paul Nicholson <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 22:59:48 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

Thanks very much Markus.

I'm surprised the signal is so strong and I would guess
that Domenico has a good chance to decode.

Eb/N0 from symbol errors is consistently about 3dB below the
carrier S/N for some unknown reason.

Transmitter back on from 22:24, messages begin XX:30 and XX:00
lasting 848 seconds with unmodulated carrier in between.
DC input this evening has been around 45W, less than
yesterday but the tx is more efficient now.   I rewound some
coils and replaced the unsuitable caps I was using to tune
the antenna.

EbSynth seems to be performing as expected with a -h9 option.

It's making a mess of VLF E-field reception so I won't be doing
much more of this!

--
Paul Nicholson