Re: LF: HGA22?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: HGA22?
From: Laurence KL7 L <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 12:18:34 -0900
Sender: [email protected]
Perfect! Thanks Markus - over the pole is highly attenuated at the mom but both dcf39 and hga22 are just about viz at dot60 +24

On Jan 25, 2016, at 12:13, Markus Vester <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Laurence,

good to read that you are all well after the shake!

Today I briefly looked at the HGA mark (idle) frequency and got 135430.02 +- 0.01 Hz. The space frequency (nominally 136.17 kHz) is more difficult to measure as it only occurs for short intervals during the telegram bits.
In the summer of 2012, we considered using HGA22 as a frequency reference for Chris' YO/4X1RF LF-grabber in Bucharest. We overcame the spread from the semi-random telegram phase shifts by measuring at the 14th audio harmonic, exploiting the fact that the 14-fold phase excursion during a signal bit happens to be very close to an integer number of cycles.

Attached is an 8-day measurement, referenced to my local LPRO Rubidium standard. The HGA transmit frequency seemed to be 135430.0215 Hz, with a couple of mHz diurnal variation apparently caused by temperature effects at the transmitter site. During the day, the relatively small scatter demonstrates frequency transfer accuracy on the order of 1e-10, wheras at night due to multipath skywave it is no better than 1e-8.

The recent measurement seems to be in agreement with the old one, indicating that the idle frequency has not changed.

All the best,
Markus (DF6NM)