Re: LF: MF Ebnaut transmissions from Riccardo IW4DXW

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: MF Ebnaut transmissions from Riccardo IW4DXW
From: Wolfgang Büscher <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 20:48:23 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Paul and all,
>  I don't have
anything available to receive coherently at MF so cannot
join in the fun.  Perhaps someone can recommend a suitable
SDR that I can clock from a 10Mhz GPSDO?

<

By chance, I am currently playing with a PIC16F1783-based GPSDO with additional outputs for an I/Q downconverter, and two analog 12-bit ADC inputs which allow the 10 MHz OCXO to supply also the 'IF' sampling rate. This is in an early development stage, and in the end a dsPIC30F3013 (with a similar homebrew friendly 28-pin DIL package) may turn out the better choice. In any case, the output from PIC to PC (via serial port adapter) will require the interface to use over 115 kBit/second, but the protocol will be simple or even compatible with my older, PIC12 based design. I will publish the sources (written in plain old "C", not PIC assembler) on my website hopefully soon.

These dsPICs are quite antiquated compared with Cortex-M devices, but dead cheap, and require almost no external circuitry to get a deeply embedded system running.

All the best,
  Wolf .