Re: LF: MF Ebnaut transmissions from Riccardo IW4DXW

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: MF Ebnaut transmissions from Riccardo IW4DXW
From: Paul Nicholson <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2016 22:16:55 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

Nice work!  Well done to Riccardo for getting the coherent
transmission working.

The timing looks good and with the signal available, it'll
probably do 0.1 second symbols easily.  I don't have
anything available to receive coherently at MF so cannot
join in the fun.  Perhaps someone can recommend a suitable
SDR that I can clock from a 10Mhz GPSDO?

Here I'm still working on CRCs and ploughing through the
math to calculate code performance.  Even with knowledge of
the complete weight spectrum of the code, it is proving to
be immensely difficult but I'm making some progress.

The version of EbNaut now on the website has a selectable
CRC length and some improvements that I mentioned a week
ago, but I recommend staying with 16 bit CRC for now.

--
Paul Nicholson