LF: Fw: [time-nuts] Lessay and Soutons French LORAN Stations Shutting Do

To: <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Fw: [time-nuts] Lessay and Soutons French LORAN Stations Shutting Down
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 16:34:12 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
This has just appeared on the time-nuts group but I have not been able to check it yet. It will be a bit of a shock to Trinity Ho. as they have a contract with Babcock Int for Anthorn until 2019 I think. Anthorn isnt dual rate (I believe) so it cant work with Sylt so it becomes useless. To be sure we need some corroberation or a posting from a trusted source. It will certainly make a difference to 136kHz

...........or am I just getting out-of -touch :-))
Alan
G3NYK.

---------------------------------snip
----- Original Message ----- From: "Iain Young" <[email protected]> To: "Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement" <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2015 1:56 PM
Hi Folks

Received this sad message re Lessay and Soustons LORAN stations.
Would guess that France-Inter/TDF won't be far behind, as IIRC
France had decided to cease all LW transmissions, but I still
hope :)

> CONTROL CENTER BREST AND THE TWO FRENCH LORAN STATIONS (LESSAY
6731M/7499X AND
> SOUSTONS 7499X)
> WILL CLOSE DEFINITIVELY THE 31st OF DECEMBER 2015 AT 1100 UTC*

A real shame, as for me Lessay is stronger than Anthorn for me

With the 6731 Master off air, anyone know if The Austron 2100's will be
able to lock onto the remaining slaves at Anthorn and Sylt on the 6731
chain ?

(I guess I could lock onto the Sylt master on 7499, but Anthorn would be
more reliable from here...)

Anyone receivbed purely a slave station with the Austrons w/o being in
range of the master station ?

Iain