Re: LF: Beware damage from active antennas

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Beware damage from active antennas
From: Andy Talbot <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 15:30:52 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=2LNcnNFRTtDtQjC5uGvtZiHhOS1ur1gv9p5J2hBZAp4=; b=Ygo+x/dIhTn8Usa+E0L5NWhYDLtd99Fn1cMIVYoa95UeIgYdjIuPsn1X6tu4ybUCUO B8a95zZrjY7SR1yk2JNbcIApXScKTrnVedD00lsu7giEJi4pvpglfyRim+WxfniAOoXV P4XymQhxEInY/SA188hQQhMXa+yBWL9i/EXruoJ9rv9V2VnF8NpQsIpiP298JSmw0wuE uYzHJW4csn+UQ2rd/BfbRLt/IEmz6hMkSlLpB/kHxbozT1X7pod/bBAukUJcEZD1h0tx rH6mLiZ2Tc1XzFsL9kRyVJrdUxgrmINkHdVJPK7vzfXLF5nol5jtKjXmKRLRJmkdKdNE 8wyA==
Sender: [email protected]
Its the output that causes the problem, and anyway ferrite beads were
suggested on the input to my receiver RF amplifier , the LTC5524.
In retrospect I will probably change the distribution of gain in that
receiver.  It doesn't need RF amplification before the mixer
(essentially a Softrock design) and the extra 0 - 20dB controllalble
gain can more safely be allocated to an opamp stage on the baseband
output.    Since I've already combined the I/Q at that point, it only
needs a single gain stage with variable feedback R to set the gain.
  Would also be a good opportunity to include another stage of 1kHz
bandbass filtering.