LF: WSPR OBSERVATIONS

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: WSPR OBSERVATIONS
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 16:53:22 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
My RX on WSPR MF 477.2 consists of 2 separate systems

1. IC – 706 and 1/4 wave inv L full size on 472 Khz up vert 33 metres rest horizontal E/W

2. TS-50 and 1/4 wave inv L full size on 1800 Khz and not resonated for 472 Khz

Both systems are totally independent and antennas run at right angles to one another.

I do notice selective fading—each antenna produces a different signal strength at times by as much as 10dB, other times both indicate the same strength.

Antenna space diversity effect.

I set both RX sensitivity Noise inputs to the same level for these tests

I do notice at times although the received signals are showing on the waterfall that some do not decode even strong ones at times.

My TX Power at present is only 0dB but I am getting reports/decodes from M0LMH between –16 and –20 dB but surprised that I am not getting reports from others
especially in the UK or France and can only conclude that their RX sensitivity and antennas are POOR.

When I get time I will QRO but need to build an intermediate RF amp between TCVR and main MF amp

All comments welcome

de MAL/G3KEV