Re: LF: EbNaut LF test from iz7slz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: EbNaut LF test from iz7slz
From: Paul Nicholson <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 19:42:09 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

Definitely a timing problem at my end.

  http://abelian.org/vlf/tmp/151119d.gif

shows the time offset reported by my timing
program (vttime from vlfrx-tools), during
Domenico's 18:00 message.

It's having a few excursions up to a couple
of hundred nS which is about 10 degrees phase
error.  That shouldn't be much of a problem
but when I look at MSF phase, it's varying
much more than this plot says it should.

That explains the poor decode and the ragged
30 minute carrier.

So I'm sure that apart from a 60mS late bit clock,
Domenico's signal is spot on.  Back to the drawing
board for me though.

--
Paul Nicholson