LF: Re: EbNaut test transmission

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: EbNaut test transmission
From: Andy Talbot <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 16:23:43 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=/cY+DvS+R8w1wfTdlpIb1EuEqURulOF9wc+AuuEVXpU=; b=ZVVsSo5kDBQue40EPx0aDmulov3ERASs75fQm5IXrSs9cnSXYZLj9oiraEmLvhbJvP CvvNyGW/wfIZIs2E12Hcjt4hP2WM1xgKj75DvvSs+in2f1PZhfC/VoPGfauZUa6iyRHx F6vjjTxq2JrgXfwOMMnw9fd4Vp7BUw9czxzmgjd2FyPUAdG9GN2V5mC0UHtX+xAIY4QW estbtFYs66L1rsYKHPFKtzQ/9ItU4BFRkYHm90Blob0nZTjHSNCS8gosHFDY+E2jdCF4 NnGKWM8d0iL+0M2obgt4zexGP8/94ZuVAXQrOZYNSVJ6ui+iIiRfcWLCpNGHMvxyURrp Ypag==
Sender: [email protected]
Its still going.
At 1611z I ran rsNTP and it made a PC clock adjustment of 0.4 seconds, which with the 0.5s symbols used for this transmission will glitch slightly .

Pleased to note that a local recording I made using the  new LF Receiver hardware and my own software to generate a .WAV file compatible with Spectrum Lab's did generate a valid decode. Recorded at fs = 31.25Hz  That was before the PC time had been corrected and I had to do a fair bit of shuffling with the Start Offset value to get a decode.   Values from 0.45s to 0.85s worked - much of that presumably due to the PC time offset in the transmission.   But once a value in that range had been entered, zero decode errors - which is what one would expect of a very strong local copy !

It does appear that using EbNaut with rates much faster that 2S/s could end up very fraught with timing offsets.  Fortunately, weak signalling with longer symbols of several seconds will have less of a problem with timing offsets.

Andy  G4JNT