LF: Re: FR5ZX on MF WSPR

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: FR5ZX on MF WSPR
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 14:30:36 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
It would be interesting to compare OPERA against WSPR at that distance to FR5ZX
also it would appear that a QRSS QSO would be possible on MF

73 de Mal.G3KEV

Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2015 10:11 AM
Subject: RE: LF: Re: FR5ZX on MF WSPR

Hi MF

Interesting conditions to Reunion last night

A total of 23 spots from FR5ZX. Only four stations reported

1 from G8HUH at -30
3 from SV8CS best -24
6 from DK7FC best -24
13 from EA5DOM best -19

From Rick Strobbe ON7YD reference site for LF antennas I have seen his calculations for a vertical
antenna with inductive topload. May be is the closer configuration to what I have managed to get here

There is no mention to the feeding point for such antenna. In my setup H(L) is 80m and I'm feeding
at the coil base. Total H is 80+11= 91m

The Ra calculated from Rick formulas is over 8 Ohm (not mOhm)
This radiation resistance seems too much to be true. But results are proving really outstanding

I'm just feeding the antenna with 70W, believe it or not and it is not really resonanting on WPSR frequency but on 488KHz
as I adjust the variometer up at the antenna and then run a coax line to shack which changes it all

The 80m pipe which forms the H(L) is really more complex in practice. It goes down to building basement
and there splits into different pipes. One connects to presure compressor and water tank. The other runs
underground 40m to the twin tower and then runs up again another 80m into the twin (parallel) tower
The pipe section running underground is not metal, but plastic. The iner water column should work as
current conductor. That water is confined in the pipes and presurized. Should be saturated with metal oxide
similar to a heating circuit, so probably the plastic pipe got metal deposits inside which make it even better
conductor than the water colum itself

Any thoughts ?? Am I getting >10% efficiency ??

73 de Luis
EA5DOM