LF: Dead Dead Dead (as Al Calpone may have said)

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Dead Dead Dead (as Al Calpone may have said)
From: Laurence KL7 L <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 07:30:43 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
As Alan NYK would attest it takes a short period of time on onset and large (very large) amount of time to "cool or shake out" pushy  pesky particles here in Alaska, but I think In now in day 7 or more of not either receiving or not being heard here from Alaska both on 137 and 475kHz. To give you an idea Im running close to 800W this morning on 136kHz at an ERP of between 1-2W in the main lobe but cant be heard by anyone/thing via the ionosphere, but the worms and Spruce bark beetles are happy.

The constant topping up of the nasties is making life difficult, and if I didnt know better Id be ripping my front end of my receivers (did that in March 89 whilst in VE8), and pulling down my Tx antennas' in disgust.

But I just have to wait and be patient.

The difference in iono models between here and say Seattle (just over 3 hours jet flight time to my SW) is manifest and typically (as typically is about the best it can get) a fair days prop after a major event down there equates to an awful day up here.

But what has been a surprise is how really good the path to VK and KH6 has stayed up for West coast stations (Washington/Oregon), and from JA to KH6 stations during this last Event . I sort of recall this happened also whilst at sea during similar events, it like the "good" ionosphere get squished....

Laurence KL7L  We2XPQ etc Wasilla Palmer Alaska