LF: Activity Day 136kHz summary

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: LF: Activity Day 136kHz summary
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 11:00:40 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
I was active on receive and transmit from 2200 Saturday 8th to 0700
Monday 10th (not always awake, of course) on the 136kHz band.

Unfortunately, bad QRN in mainland Europe killed most activity during
Sunday evening, but it had partly cleared by the early hours of
Monday.

There was more CW activity than I have heard for years, though ranges
were predictably low compared to QRSS and especially Opera which
proves to be very effective despite the QRN and provided all of the
best DX. My QRSS10 calls went unanswered and my attempts at
transmitting and receiving QRSS60 overnight also produced no results.

24 stations were either heard by me, worked by me or reported my
signals (either by email or Opera).
They were in a total of 11 countries as follows (one station in each
country except where indicated).
G (11), D (3), LA (2), GW, GM, F, PA, EW, EA, SV, R7.

Thanks to Dave, G3YXM, for generating the interest in the tests on
136 and 472kHz.

Thanks also to all of those who came on the air and the many who took
a listen on the band and reported their results. One person who
received his first 136kHz signal this weekend described it at as
"Best fun I've had in the hobby for years".

de Mike, G3XDV